Re: [Jed-users-l] completion problems

R. Stewart Ellis <ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> Is there any way to get these two and others like that to auto-complete?
> Even better to complete without the <CR> at the end?

  You can use the add_completion function:

     add_completion ("apropos");
     add_completion ("showkey");

> I know in the docs John or someone says that you cannot auto-complete
> functions that are defined in modes.  Are these considered mode specific?

Functions declared as "private" cannot be accessed outside the file
defining them.  Functions that require arguments should not be used at
jed's M-x prompt.

[...]
> I have grepped the sl code as well as the .c sources, as well as all the
> docs (I think) but am very rusty on C.  I had trouble understanding the
> difference between internal and intrinsic functions.  Is the completion
> behavior related to that?

There is a connection.  See #5 in the jed_faq.txt file under the
doc/txt/ directory of the jed distribution:

  <5> What is the difference between internal and intrinsic functions?

Welcome to the list.