Re: [Jed-users-l] ` double press

On 23.09.11, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> Why do I have to press the backtick ( ` ) key twice every time in jed?
> Quite annoying when writing a reStructuredText document.

Look up its key-binding Help>Key (by default, it is quoted_insert).

I agree that this is an unfortunate choice for editing rst (but Jed is far
older).

This is why I have in my jed.rc the lines:

% quoted insert: I need ` more than °
setkey("self_insert_cmd", "`");
setkey ("quoted_insert", "\x{B0}"); % Character '°' 0xB0 DEGREE SIGN

BTW: this changes the default keymap: if you call a setkey command after a
special map is set up, it will not have any effect on this map. So, in an
rst mode hook, you would need to write, e.g.:

define rst_mode_hook()
{
   definekey("self_insert_cmd", "`", "rst");
}

However, this is already done in the rst mode
http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/rst/