[Jed-users-l] How to format (wrap) many paragraphs at once?

I have recently "discovered" that hitting ESC+q in the beginning
of a paragraph (tested on text and tex modes) formats it -- makes
all lines shorter than WRAP_DEFAULT (from my .jedrc).

Is there a way to format the whole document in a similar (or even non-similar)
fashion? I tried marking some region containing more than one paragraph
and doing ESC+q, but that didn't work.

Any ideas?