Re: [Jed-users-l] Turning off auto-wrap

Here is what I have in my .jedrc for this purpose, almost certainly
liberated from someone else's code in the distant past:

    define toggle_wrapmode ()
    {
        variable mode, modestr;
        (modestr, mode) = what_mode();
        if (mode & 1){
               % test wrap bit
               mode = mode & ~(1);  % wrap bit on so mask it off
               (modestr,)=strreplace(modestr,"Wrap","",1);
        }
        else {
               mode = mode | 1;  % wrap bit off so set it.
               modestr=strcat(modestr," Wrap");
        }
        set_mode (modestr, mode);
    }

and assigned to keys:

      setkey("toggle_wrapmode", "^XM");
      setkey("toggle_wrapmode", "^Xm");
      setkey("toggle_wrapmode", "^X^M");

(Sorry about the top posting: some lists have lurking top posting police
but I can't remember the customs on this list)

Henry Harpending