Re: [Jed-users-l] Warning about missing last empty line

Peter Bengtsson <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd love it if jed could warn if my file lacks a trailing empty blank
> line. Would be happy even if it just inserted one automatically. Is
> this possible?

Hi Peter,

In your .jedrc, add:

  ADD_NEWLINE = 1;

Here is the help item:

  Integer_Type `ADD_NEWLINE' == 1

   SYNOPSIS
    Add a newline to a buffer when saving

   USAGE
    Int_Type ADD_NEWLINE

   DESCRIPTION
    If the value of `ADD_NEWLINE' is non-zero and the buffer if the
    buffer does not end with a newline character, a newline character
    will be silently added to the end of a buffer when the buffer is
    written out to a file.

Morten