Re: [Jed-users-l] JED: Add search to docs

On 25.04.11, Facundo Andrés Bianco wrote:
> 2011/4/25 Doug Kramer <doog@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> > New software is hard enough to learn without having to jump through
> > hoops to find stuff.

> Okey, them are good reasons.

> And there are many tools instead google for do it, I think.

If you know the function name:

Help>Describe Function

Regexp Search among the function/variable names:

Help>Apropos

With the "hyperhelp" mode from http://jedmodes.sf.net you get a
"hyperlinked" help buffer
(http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/hyperhelp)

Debian and Ubuntu users can install this (and other jedmodes modes)
via the "jed-extra" package.

There is also a (very) short description on how to install jed modes at
http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html