Re: [Jed-users-l] JED configuration

Hello Facundo & Tom,

Thanks for the suggestions. Facundo's suggestion is an improvement,
and Tom's is what I had before. But I think I didn't explain the
problem properly. When you edit source code with JED, the Tab key
means "indent". That's great, as long as JED and I agree on what
"indent" means. In MATLAB mode, JED thinks that "indent" means 2
spaces of indentation, but I prefer to indent with 4 spaces. For
example, consider:

for i = 1:N
  x(i) = y(i)

JED thinks that this is already indented, as it has 2 spaces. But I
want to indent with four spaces. When I press the Tab key, JED does
nothing unless I add Facundo's suggestion (Tab_Always_Inserts_Tab =
1;). So that's definitely an improvement. I would be even happier if
JED would still indent for me, as before, but did it using 4 spaces
instead of 2.

Is this possible?

Daniel.
--
No trees were destroyed in the generation of this email, but a large
number of electrons were severely inconvenienced.