Re: make slangversion

It looks like you have an installation problem. Are you able to
compile anything?  Were you able to compile and install the slang
library?

Yes. That was the conclusion I wanted to avoid but after
trying several things for a couple of hours, I gave up.
A clean Ubuntu re-install and the problem is gone.

No, I was not able to compile jed or slang but I was able
to compile midnight comamnder 4.7.0.x. And the problem came
probably from them. First, it would not compile lamenting
that glib was missing. I discovered they have a script to
build everything and did not check what everything was.
Later on, I saw that it was replacing tools and libraries
with different versions, so I got a cocktail.

Thanks.

frank