RE: configure going astray

> With jed-pre19 'configure' complains that it is unable to find slang.
>
> How that? A look at configure reveals which directories are checked:
>
> 1   /usr/local/slang/include
> 2   /usr/local/slang/lib
> 3   /usr/local/include/slang
> 4   /usr/local/lib
> 5   /usr/include/slang
> 6   /usr/lib
> 7   /usr/slang/include
> 8   /usr/slang/lib
> 9   /opt/include/slang
> 10  /opt/lib
> 11  /opt/slang/include
> 12  /opt/slang/lib

At least on 64-bit systems, I remember having problems with it not checking /usr/lib64. This is what I've been using:

configure
   --with-slanginc=/usr/include/slang
   --with-slanglib=/usr/lib64

> Strange, isn't it? No GNU/Linux distro on this planet will have
> slang in 1-4 or 7-12. Option 5 is quite unlikely, option 6 does not
> carry the header file. Failure.

Actually, the spec file that I've been using (see attached), installs things into /usr/include/slang - you might try that too. I personally think it is nicer to write these in sub-directories.

> What is needed is a check in:
>
>      /lib
>      /usr/lib
>      /usr/include

The configure logic might also need reworking to handle the /usr/lib64 to /usr/include mapping.

/mark

message from your computer.