Re: HTML syntax highlighting - again

On 16.12.08, Duke wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, G. Milde wrote:
> > On 13.12.08, Duke wrote:

> > > In particular, I'm trying to change the "string" color, w/o any success.
> >
> > 1st. test: Do you get a different string colour, if you change the color
> >      	   setting with Windows>Colors Schemes>xxx?

> No! The string color is the same as the entire line.

Pleas post a *minimal* example of what you do exactly (colour setting
command and html code that shall be affected).

> > 2nd: Do you select a colour scheme in you .jedrc?
> No! I commented the line out. I now select it in ../etc/jed.conf

> > If the answer is yes, no, DO select a colour scheme before the colour
> > configuration. (Otherwise, loading the fallback scheme (after evaluation
> > of your .jedrc) will overwrite it.)

> I don't quite understand. I'm choosing black3.sl in ../etc/jed.conf.
> I'm editing ../jed/lib/color/black3.sl. Is that wrong?

It is generally not recommended to edit the standard library files, as this
way your changes will be overwritten with the next update of Jed.

This is why I assumed you configure the colours in your .jedrc (or jed.conf
if it shall be site-wide). Then you must choose a color scheme to make the
changes seen.