Using a "saved" macro

Hi...

I needed a macro/function to insert the current date & time at the cursor position. I did the following:

()=evalfile("macro")

^X(
^X ESC insert ( time())
^X)

The macro worked fine!

I then did a:

^X ESC macro_save_macro

I followed the prompts, and everything is cool. However, I need to know how to inhale the macro back into Jed when I need it again? I also realize that I could have "saved" the macro to a function or assigned it to a key. I was thinking that perhaps once the macro was saved to a file, it could be made to show up in the menus. TIA...