Re: More patches

On 19.05.08, J�rg Sommer wrote:
> "G. Milde" <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 19.05.08, Jörg Sommer wrote:

> >> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=blob;hb=jo-0.99.19;f=debian/patches/remove_jed_library_path.dpatch
> >
> >>     In version 0.99.19-82 the require and provides functions where dropped
> >>     from jed
> > Sounds a lot like incompatible with jed-extra. --> if so, and if we are
> > going to upload 0.99 to unstable, it should conflict with the current
> > jed-extra version.

> This patch is still in pre117 and I discovered no problems. Do you have
> any ideas where it might crash?

It will not necessarily crash, but `different argument list than the old
jed functions and they do not care about jed library path` sounds like an
incompatible change at the first glance. I wonder whether libdir.sl and
make_ini.sl still work as expected.

I could expect other incompatibilities too, not necessarily serious and
crashing but still annoying.

I have to remember, that a lot of incompatibilities are fixed already
thanks to your testing of the jed 0.99 -- jed-extra combination.

Could you run the jedmodes unit tests with 0.99 and tell me about any
errors (or just mail a testreport)? There is a utility script in
jed-extra/trunk/utils/do-unittests.sh.

MfG