Re: bug: open_process causes flickering

Jörg Sommer wrote:
In 0.99.19-89, yes. I'm really astonished that only me sees this effect.

I see it too... but not always. Sometimes the cursor flickers, sometimes it doesn't. And it only happens without strace.

However, I sometimes notice the same thing when running external processes (e.g. make or gcc) from xjed myself. While the cursor is flickering xjed doesn't seem to receive any input from the external process. After a few seconds flickering stops and everything goes on as usual. For me this was just a minor annoyance and I never bothered to investigate further...

I use xjed 0.99.18:
=====
$ xjed --version
jed version: 0.99.18/Unix
 Compiled with GNU C 4.1
S-Lang version: 2.0.7

jed compile-time options:
 +LINE_ATTRIBUTES +BUFFER_LOCAL_VARS +SAVE_NARROW +TTY_MENUS
 +EMACS_LOCKING +MULTICLICK +SUBPROCESSES +DFA_SYNTAX +ABBREVS
 +COLOR_COLUMNS +LINE_MARKS -GPM_MOUSE +IMPORT

Using JED_ROOT=/usr/share/jed
======

If it helps I can download and compile the latest version.

Vladan.

P.S. On which list is this thread going on? Since I'm subscribed to both jed-users lists, I see many messages twice and it seems Jörg is using the old one.

--
Vladan Bato
vbato@xxxxxxxx