From: SANGOI DINO LEONARDO [mailto:SANGOID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2007/4/13 [星期五] 下午 09:27
To: jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Lechee Lai (勵志棟)
Subject: RE: [jed] help for diff mode (syntax color via dfa)

Yes, I have one,

I spend a lot of times reading diffs, so I use this a lot both at work
(under windows) and at home (on Linux).

I should have a copy on my home page, but I fear it's very outdated, so
there is my latest version (attached as diffmode.zip).

To use this, you should put the files in this zip somewhere in
Jed_Library_Path.

Then, put in your .jedrc something like:

---- cut here
autoload("diff_mode", "diffmode");

% to use diff_mode for .patch files
add_mode_for_extension("diff", "patch");

% to be able to jump back after choosing a file from tree view
% (choose a key sequence)
autoload("walk_backward ", "walk");
setkey("walk_backward", "^[,");
---- cut here

A quick overview of my diff mode:
- Does DFA syntax highlighting from unified diffs.
- Can show a recursive diff (created with diff -r) as a tree. Pressing enter
on a file will show the differences only for that file (use "walk_backward"
to return to the tree view).
- Can edit diffs and adjust the tag markers. Functions to do this (and a lot
more) are in the "Mode" menu.
- A lot of functions you can bind to keys: move to start/end of block/file,
view old/new file, mark an entire block/file, ecc.
- For customization see the custom variables inside diffmode.sl.

Hope this helps (and if you like it and you make some changes, I'll gladly
accept patches :-) )

					Dino