256 color support

Hi,
I've always been annoyed about the fact that terminal emulators didn't seemed to support more than 16 colors.
I've recently found that it is possible on some terminal emulators (in particular, mrxvt, the one I use) 256 colors, which is now a lot better for choosing colors for syntax highlight, for example.

So, I was wondering, does jed support 256 colors on the terminal? If not, any way to workaround that so I can use any of the 256 colors available for syntax highlighting?

I don't know if using any of X's rgb.txt color names would allow me to choose any of these 256 options or not.

BTW, I got the information from here:
http://frexx.de/xterm-256-notes/

Thanks,
Matt.
--
"error: declaration does not declare anything"
"error: long long long is too long for gcc"