Customizing ctags Behaviour

Hi,

I'm rather new to jed customizing, despite the fact, that several of my
colleagues uses it as their "official editor". To make our life easier,
I'd like to customize the ctags behaviour of jed:

1. In several of our modes, the hyphen ('-') is part of a name, so I'd
like to have
ctags_popup_tag uses the complete name with all hyphen separated parts
as default.
Example:
  Cursor is at "PART-MP-CODE1",
  so ctags_popup_tag shouldn't use "PART" as default, but the whole
"PART-MP-CODE1".

2. I'd like to have the tags-file in a directory like
$HOME/e/develop/tags.
There is an environment variable pointing to the directory already at
hand.

How con I achieve both features in a clean manner?

Thanks in advance for all pointers and hints.

Bye,

Robert Hagemann