Probs using compile-command on Aix

Hi,

first, I'm new to this mailing list, but I hope, I can behave correctly
:-)

I have the following problem, but haven't been able to solve it by now.
Googling and searching the mailing list archive hasn't brought up sth
useful (for me).

On Aix I use jed in two versions:
1)
 Jed Version: 0.99.18

 S-Lang Version: 2.0.6

2)
 Jed Version: B0.99.11

 S-Lang Version: 1.4.1

On both versions I can't use the command 'compile'.
All I got is 'unable to open /usr/bin/ksh process.
The traceback buffer shows:
acompile.sl:60:compile_start_process:Run-Time Error

Unfortunately I can't debug the editor and being on an (old) Aix machine
I have no
'strace', 'sctrace', 'truss' at hand. 'syscalls' doesn't give me any
usable information.

Further infos:
- /usr/bin/ksh is the correct path to my shell
- the Shell command works flawlessly, so I think it has to do with the
way the arguments for the system call are built.

Maybe, there is some help out there?

TIA

Robert Hagemann