Re: how to indent a region multiple times in python-mode

Hello Dave,

Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:26:12PM +0200, Olesen, Mark wrote:
>> Servus Joachim,
>>
>> For this sort of thing, I use a rectangle string insertion.
>> Mark the begin/end of a region and then insert the desired string via the
>> mini-buffer.
>
> Almost any other programmers editor will enable me to mark a
> region and then indent or out-dent that region multiple times.  The
> reason that jed will not let me do this is that jed forgets (pops?)
> the mark when I do ^C < or ^C >.
>
> I have not figured out how to tell jed not to do this.  Basically,
> I'd like to be able to tell jed: please do not forget where the
> mark is when I do py_shift_region_left or py_shift_region_right.

Do you really want the mark stay?

> Is there a way to get jed to remember the region/mark?

Redefine your ^C< and ^C> keys to call 'dupmark; py_shift_region_left'
and 'dupmark; py_shift_region_right', resp.

Bye, Jörg.
--
"Science is the game we play with God to find out what his rules are."