Re: set_color_esc and tt_send

Hello John,

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>And does tt_send() work with xjed? I tried "\e[5t" to raise the window,
>>but is xjed it does nothing. In the the xterm raised in front.
>
> Xjed knows nothing about escape-sequences.  If you want to raise/lower the
> Xjed window, then press ^Z.  Since suspending makes no sense in X,
> the poorly-named sys_spawn_cmd function raise/lowers Xjed.

The codes looks somewhat different: (from xterm.c)
#v+
static void xjed_suspend (void) /*{{{*/
{
   if (No_XEvents) return;
   if (XWin->focus)
     {
	/* XIconifyWindow (This_XDisplay, XWin->w, This_XScreen); */
	if (XWin->visible == VisibilityUnobscured) XLowerWindow (This_XDisplay, This_XWindow);
	else XRaiseWindow (This_XDisplay, This_XWindow);
     }
   else
     {
	/* The window doesn't have focus which means that this was most
	 * likely called by pressing Ctrl-Z from another window.
	 */
	fprintf (stderr, "jed stopping\n");
#ifdef SIGSTOP
	kill (0, SIGSTOP);
#endif
	/* sys_suspend (); */
#v-

Bye, Jörg.
--
"Hey, dad, you see how this man can twist his fingers? Amazing, isn't
it?" "No, son, not really. He's been using Emacs for ten years..."