jed on Debian and Ubuntu

On 20.06.06, Romano Giannetti wrote:

> A little question for the list: I have just installed ubuntu at home, and
> that downgraded my jed to 16-111.

Just curious: what distribution (or OS) did you have before? And which jed
version?

> Is there any plan to upgrade it to -18 version?

The Debian JED Group is working on a release of jed|xjed -18. There is
already a 0.99.18-1 package available in the /experimental section of the
Debian archive.

A new version 0.99.18-2 is ready to be released to Debian/unstable soon.
As Ubuntu is Debian based, it is very likely to go to the next Ubuntu
release as well.

If you would like to help testing the package(s), I could mail you the
most current versions. Or you could fetch the sources from the SVN and
build yourself (if you go for this option, I will gladly provide more
details about this process).

Günter

Debian JED Group

The Debian packages related to the JED editor are maintained in a
collaborative project at http://pkg-jed.alioth.debian.org/ . Development
coordination is done through a Subversion repository and discussions are
held in the pkg-jed-devel mailing list
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-jed-devel).