Re: read_mini steals prefix argument

Hallo John,

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>the prefixargument is not available after read_mini(). Why?
>
> The prefix-argument applies to the next keystroke.  The function bound
> to such a keystroke may or may not use a prefix-argument.  If it does
> not use it, then jed will use the prefix argument as a repetition
> factor.

Everytime? Does that mean ESC 5 ^cc runs compile 5 times?

> The prefix-argument is also global, meaning that there is only one
> instance available.  This means that any setting prior to calling
> read_mini would be lost if a prefix-argument were used at the prompt.

Why does read_mini() not save the pefix argument and restore it after
it has read the string? The same I must do with

 variable tmp;
 tmp = read_mini("Select a command:", "", "");
 set_prefix_argument(prefix);
 cmd_insert(tmp);

could happen inside read_mini.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Die am Lautesten reden, haben stets am wenigsten zu sagen.