Re: set_column_colors kills colors

On 25.05.06, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> open a SLang file like jed.rc. Execute the SLang command
> set_column_colors(12, 10, 10). All coloring is gone.

No, the syntax highlight is replaced by the column coloring.

> Can anyone reproduce this?

It is long known that column and syntax coloring do not coexist. However,
the online help of set_column_colors() is a bit misleading:

 DESCRIPTION
   This function associates a color with columns `c0' through `c1' in the
   current buffer.  That is, if there is no syntax highlighting already
   defined for the current buffer, when the current buffer is displayed,

for me this implies that syntax highlighting would take precedence, which is
not the case.