Re: Interprocess communication

Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>is it somehow possible to make some interprocess communication with jed?

The next slang release will include a new socket module.  In fact, I
am using it to develop a remote debugger that interfaces with sldb for
use with jed.  I decided that this was the best way to go for
debugging jed's slang code because this approach does not affect any
of jed's buffers or windows.

>I would like to use source specials with xdvi, e.g. you can hit somewhere
>in the document and xdvi opens an editor and places the cursor at the
>line that refers to the position in the document.

What interface does xdvi use for IPC?  The socket module has
socket/bind/listen/accept functions and current supports AF_INET and
AF_UNIX protocols.

>I thought I can open a pipe for reading and wait for input. Xdvi calls a
>jed that simply writes to the pipe and tells the waiting jed to jump to
>the line and popup. But I found no way to make jed waiting for input.

What does the code look like?