Re: remove Jed_Doc_Files

On 21.04.06, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> G. Milde schrieb am Thu 13. Apr, 09:28 (+0200):

> > Jörg and I were discussing abadoning Jed_Doc_Files in favour of
> > add_doc_file() in jedmodes.sf.net/mode/hyperhelp (and in all of Jed).

> > > But maybe it is possible to gather this information anyhow else.

Actually, the doc-filename is rather less interesting. What I
would like to see added to a function's (or variable's)
documentation is a line like

  SOURCE  cuamisc.sl

or

  SOURCE  keys.c

giving the name of the file containing the definition.

Currently, I just grep along the Jed-Library-Path for the definition of
slang_functions (with grep_definition()), but this can take some time on
slow machines.

John, do you think the tm language could provide a

 \source{some-file}

command? (Is there something like this available already? Could
it be added?)

Then I could extend the documentation extractor in tm.sl (see
jedmodes.sf.net) to add a source tag to the extracted
documentation.

Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de