Re: Feature request: Buffer for compile/shell command output flags

Do you have a specific example?  Such messages should appear only if
the shell process is still alive.  For most, if not all,
non-interactive processes this should not happen.

The shell process ends ok (it says "Exit status: 0"). If I just do System->Shell Command, and then type "echo 1", the window is split and I see "1" in the corresponding buffer. Before the proposed modification, doing "File->Close" would ask me to save/kill/abort on that buffer. After I modifed shell.sl, it doesn't anymore.

My modification doesn't alter the behavior of the "Compile" option, but that would be good too.

Also what OS are you using?

I'm running Linux (Slackware 10.2, kernel 2.6).

Thanks,
Matt.