Re: list to array conversion?

Marko Mahnic <marko.mahnic@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Maybe there could be a where() version for lists:
>
>   where([DataType_Type type,] condition)
>
>? It would only perform a test on a certain type of elements.

I eventually plan to extend the comparison operators to lists.  Then
you would be able to do something like:

    i = where (list > 3);

For this to be useful, list[i] should return a "sublist".  Of course
this will not work if a list consists of datatypes where the
comparison makes no sense.  For this reason, my inclination would be
to throw an exception if a comparison were made on a list containing
such elements.