Re: Ctrl + Del problem

On 12.04.06, V01D wrote:

> Now, I upgraded my console program (mrxvt) and I noticed that I couldn't
> read (Help -> Show Key) Ctrl + Del as a different key from Del (I could
> before). Ctrl + Home / End do work as different keys from Home / End.

> I know that this sounds like a problem with mrxvt, but I wanted to know
> how to tackle a problem like this with jed (if possible)

In order to determine the source, we need to know the keystring that is send
by Key_Del and Key_Ctrl_Del. What are the strings you get by typing

  M-x quoted-insert and the Del key
  M-x quoted-insert and the Ctrl-Del key combination

(instead of M-x quoted-insert you can type '`' (with (IMO) all standard
emulations)).

If these are equal, there is nothing that jed can do.  In this case you
should either use xjed or try to fix mrxvt.

> In previous mrxvt release, the TERM variable was set to 'xterm' and now
> it is set to 'rxvt'. I changed this with 'export' but the problem was
> still there.

Here, jed on a rxvt v2.6.4 says for Help>Show_Key

  Key_Ctrl_Del ("\e[3^") runs the S-Lang function cua_delete_word

> Could this be a termcap problem? Can I do something at X's side (.xmodmap)?

I rather suppose in .Xdefaults, but I am no expert here.

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de