JMR (was Re: Tokenlist updated)

G. Milde wrote:
Would it make a big difference, if I split the popup_buffer|close_buffer
code from bufutils.sl, so instead of now

    bufutils.sl (requiring txtutils.sl, sl_utils.sl)
you just had a dependency on

    popup-buffer.sl

I think popup_buffer should be in bufutils.
I took a look at bufutils and I see that there are some functions that
should be elsewhere (kmaputils fo push/pop_keymap, rebind, etc.),
close_and_replace_word, array_read_file ...

The problem is that JMR is becoming huge and the code gets duplicated
in many places (there are at least 3 'occur' functions). Until we have
time to review all the files and find what is commonly used and what
is specific to some special mode, we can leave bufutils and other
utils as they are. The first step that we can do is to find the
possible areas where X_util functions are needed and then add
files for each area that would contain utility functions just for
that area:
  buf-utils
  win-utils
  kmap-utils
  struct-utils  (arrays, lists, structs, ...)
  hook-utils
  txt-utils
  etc.

If these files ever become part of the main library, they can
be placed in \lib\utils. Since the library is growing quite
a bit, it might be good to organize it into subdirectories

  \lib\emulation
  \lib\mode

Would this affect the startup speed of Jed in any way?

Marko