How to copy an error message

Dear Jed Users,

whenever I want to fix an error in my jed modes or configuration, I have
the problem that the error message is transient:

 I do not know how to copy it to e.g. a mail to the user list.

 When I open the *traceback* buffer, the message is alredy gone and I
 sometimes do not remember what the exact message was.

 Sometimes the message is longer than the space in the minibuffer.

Is there an easy way to get the error message and e.g. insert it into
another buffer?

Feature request:

Could the error message be inserted into the *traceback* buffer,
if (_traceback == 1)?

Thanks

Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de