Re: Assign Ctrl-left arrow to move to previous word

On 22.01.06, Doug Kramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I assign Ctrl-left arrow key to move to previous word?
> I tried this (and other variations):

>  setkey ("bskip_word", "^C-Left");

"^C" is Ctrl-C (the caret is a shorthand for Ctrl).

> I assume "-Left" must be replaced by something else.

Of course.

> Where is the reference which lists keycodes for non-alphabetic keys?

Look at "keydefs.sl" (in JED_ROOT+"/lib") where JED_ROOT is a system dependent
variable you can see with Help>Describe Variable JED_ROOT.

The good thing is, you can use keydefs.sl to get symbolic names for these
keys, i.e.

  require("keydefs.sl");
  setkey("bskip_word", Key_Ctrl_Left);

should work. Attention: as Key_Ctrl_Left is a varible name, you must not put
quotes around it!

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de