RE: Any outstanding issues?

Hi,

> I have a humble wish...
> Some time ago Dino posted a patch for displaying rectangular regions.
>
> http://www.ruptured-duck.com/jed-users/msg00359.html
>
> Was this patch merged into jed?

Well, I would like to have it merged... but it has still a problem: if the
selection tries to "cut" a TAB, it does weird things. Try something like:

----

hellOWORld!
[  TAB ]helLOWOrld!
hellOWORld!

----

with the rectangle starting and ending at the character marked with '|'. The
uppercase characters will be selected.

As Jed stores TABs in Line, and the start/end selection are pointer to
inside the line, I can't mark put a start selection in the middle of a tab.

Maybe we can change the markers to be indexes to screen position, this means
changing a fair amount of code, and counting character cells to start the
selection at the right place... I will try it when I  have a little time...

Note that even without my patch copy/paste rectangles over a TAB has
problems: in the above example, pasting the rectangle gives:
----
owor

owor
----

the middle line has 4 spaces.

So the question is: how it is intended to work in if we have tabs?

Thanks,
						Dino