highlighting regions in script

Hello!

 I need to show a region to the user and ask him a question. Something like

 define highlightreg()
 {
   HIGHLIGHT=1; % just in case: also set in jed.rc
   bol(); push_mark(); eol();
   message(%question);
 }

 But this does not work: the line is not highlighted when the question is asked, although the mark has really been set (for example pressing Ctrl-W deletes the region which we just deifned). The weird thing is that I have HIGHLIGHT=1; why can't I reproduce in this simple function the behavior I get when I do this manually (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-[space] and Ctrl-E)? When I do it that way the line is highlighted at this point.

 Thank you all!

 Juergen

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!