Problems & Questions

Hi,
I've been using this editor for a while, and I always find a rough edge that needs to be tweaked to my liking. But other times there are things that I consider bugs in the .sl files. I've been accumulating a list of issues that I would like to change/fix but I can't seem to. Anyone could tell me if any of these are really bugs? And how could I change what I need in each item?
Here's the list:
- Select menus by using space (' '), not by using ENTER (is this hardcoded into the jed binary? I can't find any binding to ENTER key) - The backtick '`' seems to work only when I press the key twice (If I disable mute keys, the normal tick ('´') gets printed when I press the key at once. Show key tells me that ` has the "quoted_insert" binding.
I'd wish to print the backtick with one keypress.
- In perlmode the Indentation seems to work incorrectly. When doing something like:
sub bleh() {
  bleh();
  }
the final brace is always indented (which is really annoying). I tried setting Perl_Indent and Perl_Continued_Offset but the indentation stays exactly the same. I'm suspicious about a wierd behavior regarding these "custom_variable"s. In the cmode hook I just write 'C_INDENT=2;' and it works fine. But with perl_mode_hook I have to use 'variable Perl_Indent = 2;' because just doing 'Perl_Indent = 2;' makes jed complain about an undefined variable. I think that using 'variable' declares a local var, therefore the problem. Is there a fix for this? - When I switch buffers the cursor gets centered (and the buffer scrolls with it). How can I make the buffer and cursor stay right where I left it after switching? - How can I use a transparent color? If I use the nano editor, for example, from within mrxvt console, with transparency on, I can see my fluxbox background. The only program that inhibits this transparency is jed. Don't know why.
- Is there a way to align to the right the time display on the status bar?
- Is there a redo on jed?

Thank you