Re: Brief and keydefs

On 13.10.05, Marko Mahnic wrote:
> John E. Davis wrote:

> >I added a code to based upon your patch to Xjed a while back.  As a
> >result, the stock version of Xjed supports arbitrary keysyms.

> Great. I failed to realise that because I am not using xjed
> and when I looked quickly at the beginning of xkeys.c I saw
> the 4 tables, not just 1 table + bsearch like in the patch.

I failed to realise because the doc still says

  x_set_keysym: intrinsic function
   DESCRIPTION
     This function may be used to assocate a string `str' with a key
     `keysym' modified by mask `shift'. Pressing the key
     associated with `keysym' will then generate the keysequence
     given by `str'. The function keys are mapped to integers in the
     range `0xFF00' to `0xFFFF'.

so I never tried.

Now I see it works like a charm. Thanks.

What happens with jed-99.16 if I use an integer outside the range: will
it silently fail or throw an error. In other words: will I have to put
some saveguards around e.g.
  x_set_keysym(0xFE20, '$', Key_Shift_Tab);
to be backwards compatible?

Guenter

--
G.Milde web.de