RE: Debian patches

[SNIP]
> all.dpatch
> ----------
>
> ## by Rafael Laboissiere
> ## DP: Add include path for FreeType in CFLAGS

[SNIP]
> enable-xrenderfont.dpatch
> -------------------------
>
> ## by Rafael Laboissiere
> ## DP: Use X Render extensions in xjed
[SNIP]

I can't comment on other patches, but yes, -I/usr/include/freetype2/ is
needed to compile xrender support on every modern distribution I know of (I
have this problem on every fedora release, and on SuSE 9.2 and 9.3).

But I think that these patches are wrong: finding the includes, the
libraries, and modifying CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and LDLIBS is a work for configure.
And BTW you get a standard way to enable/disable renderfont (using
--with-renderfont or --without-renderfont, or something like that). And it
will do the right thing for systems without renderfont support.

I have little experience with autoconf and friends, but I will try to cook a
patch for this.

(for the Fedora Core 4 packages I used a "crude" patch like those in Debian
packages...)

Thanks,
						Dino