RE: Jed B0.99-17.111 RPMs for Fedora Core 4

Well, the "problematic" files are libslang.a, libslang.so and include files.

All these belong to the '-devel' package. So you can have both slang-1.4.9
and slang-2.0.4 installed, but only one of slang-devel-1.4.9 and
slang-devel-2.0.4. And this is the right thing, as you should choose the
slang version you are usign for development. And changing between
slang-devel versions is very easy: a simple
# rpm -Uvh slang-devel-{version}-{release}.i386.rpm --force
is enough to switch from a version to another. This is what I used to do
while trying the unicode patch for xjed.

To be able to install both development versions, we need to rename
libslang.* to libslang2.* (and /usr/include/slang/ to /usr/include/slang2/).
But this means changes to every program to link with the right library... It
can be done, but I feel that SLang 2 should be the only slang around, and
programs should be ported to it as soon as possibile.

Guenter said that debian have named the package 'slang2'... this means that
also the library was renamed?

> (meaning after my
> wedding this weekend), I'd like to take a look at what you've done.

Congratulations!

Thanks,
								Dino