Re: Interesting Aspell/Ispell problem...

Good morning, Paul...

On Sunday 18 September 2005 1:09 am, you wrote:

> >From ispell.sl:
>
>    {case 'i': send_process (ispell_process, strcat ("*", word, "\n#\n"));
>       return NULL;}
>
> Can you insert a word by starting aspell as
> aspell -a
> and typing
> *someword
> #
> ?

No. However, upon closer examination, this is very apparently what I refer
to as a "shame on Dave" event. When I switched to a different machine this
morning, the ispell.sl was working with Aspell just the way it should, and
updating the users' dictionary. Upon my return, I updated the local
machine to the latest copy of ispell.sl from the Jed repository, and now
it works fine, and updates the user words file. <sigh> Your quoting a
snippet of code from ispell.sl pointed out my copy of ispell.sl came from
another planet, although God knows how.

Now I'll slink off into my corner, muttering deprecations about asking for
help before I check my Jed libraries in the future, with great thanks for
your assistance, and everyone who makes Jed so great.

Dave bows obsequiously left and right and crawls back beneath his pet rock.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave@xxxxxxxxxx)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.