Re: Roadmap for 0.99-17

G. Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
>   Disabling the evaluation of jed.conf seemed to be the cleanest
>   solution (especially, as there is already the -n option to disable the
>   personal configuration file).

If jed is run via

   jed optional-args... -l preparse

and you do not want jed.conf to be loaded, putting

   #ifeval is_substr(strjoin (__argv, " "), " -l preparse")
   #stop
   #endif
   % rest of jed.conf
     .
     .

should do the trick.

[...]
>BTW: May I remind you to look into the Default_Jedrc_Startup_File problem
>(is loading JED_ROOT/lib/jed.rc when there is no ~/.jedrc really needed)?

It would be unnecessary load it as long as its contents reflect
default settings.  I will look into it after the 0.99-18 release.
For now, in your jed.conf, you can put:

   Default_Jedrc_Startup_File = NULL;
   % Do not load the rest of the file if preparsing