Re: My Latex-Mode

Hi G.,

"G. Milde" <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 19.08.05, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>
>> I've made many changes in the last time. Is someone interested in?
>
> Yes I am. And thanks again for the mode.

Well, I've uploaded my last version of my latex mode to
http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/~joergs/jlm/. Here is a list of some
changes, because I have no old version to compare with this.

* I renamed my mode to JLM (Joerg's Latex Mode) to avoid confusion with
  Guido's L4J

* Latex warnings and packages warnings can have their line number in the
  second line. Handle this case

* A line number in the output may be broken by a newline character;
  handle this correctly.

* added \r with the same meaning as \n for the latex output buffer

* removed _debug_info, _traceback, _slangtrace; they should not be set
  global; a user should set them in its .jedrc

* switched from keydefs to x-keydefs to get Key_Shift_Return; removed own
  definition

* calc_indention() and newline_with_completion() now support tabularx

* auto completed text of ^ and _ chars in math mode is now highlighted
  and newline characters are replaced with spaces in the text

* the keys for \textnormal and \underline produced a backslash to much;
  fixed

* env_insert():
  + if a math environment with number (name without star) is inserted a
    label is automaticle added

  + now indents environments around marked text correctly

  + do not move the current line in the new environment anymore, this
    was a workaround caused by missing mark support

* removed all occurences of equation; we don't support it any more,
  because it causes much trouble and gather is the same (without the
  trouble) <news:d98lqm$qcs$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

* now insert_dollar() respects BLINK

* introduced a new handling of some characters with ^Cm which moved the
  cursor between the $$. As an example: inserting $\alpha\in U$ in test
  is now done by typing "^Cma^Cmi U". Currently i (\in), { (\subset), [
  (\subseteq), ] (\supset), } (\supseteq), / (\not) handled this way

* now \eqref and \autoref are supported if the relevant packages
  are present; note: autoref is precedented

* ldots()
  + use also + and - as seperator before ...

  + now take the whole word (inclusive backslash) before the limit
    character (i.e. "\alpha_1 ..." works)

+ dfa highlighting
  + add a rule for trailing whitespaces

  + make trailing whitespaces in comments and embedded formulas

* added a hint on ^Cy to the output of compose message

* the message for errors might be clipped; added code to handle this
  case to find the right column of the error position

* insert_quote() now detects the form of quotes, by the existence of
  the package german or ngerman; LaTeX_German_Quote removed

* replaced many insert_char(LAST_CHAR) by call("self_insert_cmd") to
  make abbreviation work better with latex_mode. Before characters like
  => or $ do not trigger abbreviation.

* added a new function insert_label_at_mark() which saves the current
  position on the first call and inserts a new label on the second call,
  jumps back to the saved position and insert a \ref to the label there.

  This should be very handy if you want to insert a reference on a
  point where you must set a label before. Key: ^Clm

* added = to the math_array. This makes ^Cm= is expanded to \not=.

* rewrote linsert() to place the cursor behind the inserted text, if a
  region was surrounded be the linsert().

Have a nice weekend, Jörg.

BTW: I also uploaded my self written yankpop mode which puts the last
  inserted text to the top. This makes often used texts in the cut
  buffer are alway reachable with a minimum amount of ^Cy presses.

--
Nur tote Fische schwimmen mit dem Strom.