Re: XJed mouse copy-paste-issue

On 29.06.05, Jaakko Saaristo wrote:

> ... others too that have had the issue, at least in KDE, that selected
> text doesn't end up in X clipboard or Klipper

I experienced the same problem and could narrow it down to: pasting
text from jed doesnot work with applications using the QT toolkit.
The "normal" X clipboard works with non-QT applications.
Interestingly, pasting from QT-applications to xjed works fine.

So I read with interest your proposed workaround:

> - Edit the file jed-home/lib/mouse.sl.
> - In the function copy_kill_to_mouse_buffer, comment the line
> copy_region(Mouse_Buffer);
> - Replace the commented statement with   pipe_region("xclip");
>
> Now instead of being copied to an internal mouse buffer, the mouse
> selected area is piped to xclip and ends up where it belongs.

Originally, copy_kill_to_mouse_buffer() copies the region to both, the
x-selection (with x_copy_region_to_selection()) and the internal
Mouse_Buffer (used for pasting with <Shift_Middle>). So instead of
replacing copy_region(Mouse_Buffer), I recommend replacing
x_copy_region_to_selection().

I implemented this as an option in cuamouse 1.3, configurable with the
new custom variable "CuaMouse_Use_Xclip". It should be availble in a
couple of hours under
   jedmodes.sf.net/mode/cuamouse

> This workaround gets the mouse selecting working (not the keyboard
> regioning though)

If you want the keyboard-selected region to go to the X-selection too (I
intentionally do not want this), you can bind the relevant keys to a
command sequence like e.g.

  setkey("copy_region_to_clipboard; yp_copy_region_as_kill", "^C");

with "copy_region_to_clipboard" provide by cuamouse.sl.

G.Milde web.de