organizing extension modes -- feature request

On 28.04.05, SANGOI DINO wrote:

> Right now I have on my .jedrc:
>
> require("home-lib", path_concat(path_concat(Jed_Home_Directory, ".jed"),
> "home-lib.sl"));
>
> I can add home-lib to my installer, and enable it from defaults.sl, but It
> would be a lot better to have it in the standard jed package (hint, hint
> :-)).

Dear John,

could we include a copy of home-lib.sl into the next release of jed?

home-lib.sl is a script that extends the jed-library-path so contributed
and home-made modes can have their own library. It would facilitate the
setup of jed extensions a lot to have it in the standard
jed-library-path.

The above lengthy call to require (which needs the filename argument btw)
could be replaced by a simple

   % .jedrc
   require("home-lib") then.

Sincerely