Re: fljed

Reinds, Gertjan wrote:
Dear Marko,
About edt editing: this was the (sort of) default editor for use with terminals for VAX/VMS machines. It indeed uses the numeric keyboard a lot (e.g PF4 = delete line and store in buffer, PF3=search next, 8=paragraph down, -=delete word etc.) Another feature was the use of 'PF1' key (better know as GOLD key) on the VAX terminal keyboard (on a PC keyboard that is now the numlock key). PF1 is used in edt in conjunction with the numeric keys as well as the character keys, e.g PF1 PF3 = search, PF1 PF4 = past line from buffer, PF1 I is include, PF1 Z is exit etc. As such is was a normal key on the VAX keyboard not a toggle key as it is on the PC keyboard. At some point John Davis managed to make jed such that it can use the numlock key just as the gold key (variable NUMLOCK_IS_GOLD in edt.sl); so he might help you out on this issue as well. Hope this is of help, I would greatly appreciate a fljed editor for windows as jed is a great editor but is misses for windows just what you are trying to add (such as a configurable button bar) !!
Thanks for the explanation. Now I know more or less what I have to do.
I will look at John's code and try to replicate the behaviour in FL-Jed.

Marko