Re: fljed

Reinds, Gertjan wrote:

- as I'm used to the edt editor (from vms times), I always load edt.sl and frequently use numlock key as gold key (heavily used in edt editing); this does not seem to work in fljed. Numlock does not do anything (neither do the keys f1..f12). Is this correct of do I miss something
In the file edt.sl all the keybindings were defined using raw keycodes
that are used on DOS systems. FL-Jed returns keycodes similar to xterm.

For edt.sl to work in FL-Jed, edt.sl should be changed:
1. add
   require("keydefs.sl");
at the beginning of edt.sl

2. modify the keycodes used in setkey():
  setkey("edt_help",	"\eOQ");	%% help
becomes
  setkey("edt_help",	Key_KP_Slash);	%% help

FL-Jed does not return any keysequence when NumLock is pressed, so
this will not work. I will put this on my TODO list. I have never
worked with the EDT editor. Can you please describe briefly what
are it's main features. I see that the numerical keypad is used
quite a lot.

Currently FL-Jed returns the same keycode whether the NumLock is on
or off. I will add the ability to return different keycodes depending
on the NumLock state. The user will be able to select the mode of
operation.

- fonts: whatever alternative font I select, they all display in the old way, i.e. all characters have equal width which looks awfull.

This is because JED uses a display that is a grid of characters. When you
change the font you:
   1. change the shape of the character
   2. change the size of a single cell in the grid.

- scrollbar: I like the idea but using the scrollbar has no effect, the cursor position remains unchanged at its current position.

A bug. After you move the scrollbar, the screen fails to update. To update
it, move the cursor with the keyboard and the display will refresh.

kind regards,

Gert Jan Reinds

Gert Jan Reinds
ALTERRA, Wageningen UR