Re: problem with preparsing and #ifeval

G. Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
>I also wondered, whether the preparsed file takes something off the stack
>instead of inserting, but could not proove it.

If you are using slang2, you can use its stack checking tool.  It
should be able to tell you where the problem is.  See the file
slsh/lib/stkcheck.sl in the slang2 distribution for more information.
I also recall posting something to this list about it.

>Evaluation the preparsed file was initiated via autoload, the autoloaded
>function subsequently failed with a wrong argument type.
>Could it be that the evaluation occures after the pushing of function
>arguments on stack? When will the _NARGS special variable be determined?

This variable is set after all the arguments are on the stack just
prior to the function call.

[...]
>What would be your replacement suggestion for
>
>  #if (_jed_version < 9916)

S-Lang 2 _will_ evaluate such expressions during preparsing.  Until
the use of slang2 becomes more widespread, you can test for intrinsic
functions that did not exist in older versions, e.g.,

   #ifnexists exit
   % _jed_version < 9916
   % exit was first added in 0.99-16
      .