Refresh problem with last xjed .17 and accented chars

Hi,

   I am trying jed (--version following) on a Mandrakelinux 10.1
   distribution. First of all, notice that distributed packages did segfault
   randomly do to some strange utf8 patch to slang (very bad for the name od
   jed, please put it somewhere on the homepage). My jed is compiled here
   from clean sources.

jed version: B0.99.17-56/Unix
 Compiled with GNU C 3.4
S-Lang version: 2.0.0 pre-release candidate 3: Feb 23 2005

jed compile-time options:
 +LINE_ATTRIBUTES +BUFFER_LOCAL_VARS +SAVE_NARROW +TTY_MENUS
 +EMACS_LOCKING +MULTICLICK +SUBPROCESSES +DFA_SYNTAX +ABBREVS
 +COLOR_COLUMNS +LINE_MARKS -GPM_MOUSE +IMPORT

Using JED_ROOT=/usr/local/jed

and I have a weird problem with xjed only: if I write a file with:

Uno due tre
Unò dúe trë
a b c

(text mode, locale en_US, no utf8) then, if the xjed window is obscured and
then resurfaced, the non ascii char will show as

Uno due tre
Un? d?e tr?
a b c

If I hit ctrl-l, or select them, or doing whatever thing that triggers a Jed
refresh they are showed correctly again.

Any hint on this?

Thanks,
       Romano

--
Romano Giannetti             -  Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416  fax +34 915 596 569