RE: wjed B0.9.17-56 and slang2-pre2-rc3 patches

[Answering an old but interesting post]

I completely agree with you, I've tried it before posting my patch, and it
didn't work. It's not so easy because cover_exposed_area() calls
send_attr_str(), and this function is called also by msw_smart_puts() to
write to Vterm. So changing this means duplicating send_attr_str(),
msw_write_smgchars() and msw_reverse_video().

It is doable, but as Jed still calls wterm functions to write to Vterm, I
don't see a big win here.

Much better would be if jed writes directly to Vterm and then calls a
function to say: you should redraw this,  but it's not like it works today,
and changing it may not be so easy (most calls starts inside slsmg in
slang).

Later,
					Dino