Re: Cut buffer with ranking

Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>is it possible to make the cut buffer put the last used entry on top? I
>often have two or more strings that I use alternating. If I copy any
>other then all moves one step behind and I must do yp_yank_pop one time
>more to get my old entries. Is it possible to make the kill array is
>sorted by last usage?

At the moment, the yp_* functions are partially implemented in slang
and in C.  I would have preferred a pure slang implementation but at
the time, slang did not support strings with embedded \0 characters.
Of course now it does and there is really no reason why it should not
be written in slang.  This would allow the user much more latitude in
customizing the behavior of the yp_* functions.  For example, I can
easily imagine an "Edit->Paste Buffer" menu that would show a list of
the paste buffers.

I know this does not address your question.  You can do what you want
now but that would require rewriting some of yankpop.sl.  You might
want to look into using "registers" defined in register.sl.  The idea
is that you define a region and then use reg_copy_to_register to copy
the region to a named "register".  The reg_insert_register may be used
to paste the register's contents.

Good luck,