feature-request: error-messages in *traceback*

On 12.12.04, John E. Davis wrote:

> Note: When running with jed in interactive mode (not batch), the
> stack-check messages will be written to the *traceback* buffer.
> Otherwise the output will go to stderr.

this remembers me to file a longstanding feature wish:

Could the error messages be written to the *traceback* if _traceback is on
(additionally to the display in the status line, of course)?

Every time want to debug, I have to remember carefully the error message
before switching to the *traceback* as it will vanish during the switch.

Also, if I want to mail about an error I get, I have to type it out, as
copy and paste from the status line doesnot work.

(or am I missing some nice trick?)

Sincerely

G.Milde web.de