Re: xjed and compse key

On  4.12.04, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does a newer version of xjed support the compose key? At me mapped to
> Shift+Ctrl.
>
> Compose key makes it possible to enter letters they aren't on the
> keyboard. Like: o + / = ø or o + ^ = ô.

I always thought, this is a feature of X, so if it works in a normal shell,
it should work in xjed too.

I do not have a compose key on my old keyboard and I don't know how to set
up one with the xkb keybord driver of Xf86-4, however, I found

Multi_key		0xFF20	/* Multi-key character compose */

in keydefs.h. As this is in the supported range of x_set_keysym, it should
be possible to map it to a string (and hence to a function) to emulate the
multi-key behaviour in xjed.

G.Milde web.de