Re: jed 0.99-17 looks good

Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This raises two questions:
>-is something wrong with integer()?

  I do not believe that anything is wrong with integer.  If you can
find an example where it incorrectly parses its input, then let me
know what it is.  I can probably add something like "atoi" that will
not perform any error checking on its input.

>-how do I catch an error in an array_map?

A more robust alternative to

	files = array_map(Integer_Type, &integer, files);

would be to use a function other than integer, e.g.,

  define my_integer (str)
  {
     try return integer (str);
     catch ParseError:
      return -1;
  }

Or, you can use something like:

  types = array_map (DataType_Type, _slang_guess_type, files);
  files = array_map(Integer_Type, &integer,
                    files[where(types==Integer_Type)]);

If you want filenames that consist only of digits, then the
string_match function might be your best bet.